Duke Medicine’s Health News (HN)
Volume 26 • Number 11 • November 2020
Alzheimer’s disease, which causes progressive decline in memory and cognition, currently affects over 5 million people in the U.S., and about 20 million worldwide. There are several drugs approved by the FDA that treat the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease by temporarily helping memory and thinking problems. However, these medications do not …
- Noteworthy Newsbriefs: Female Chromosomes Confer Alzheimer’s Protection.; FDA Issues Breast Cancer Drug Alert.
- Clinical Trial Offers Hope for Rare Form of Lou Gehrig’s Disease
- Why Is Stroke More Deadly for People of African Descent?
- Frequent Cause of Deafness in Adults Identified
- Being Fit Is More Important Than Being Fat
- Q&A: Tearing Eyes & Blurry Vision; Shingles Vaccination