Mount Sinai School of Medicine Report on Alzheimer’s Disease
Scientists have been struggling to untangle the mysteries of Alzheimer’s disease for over 100 years. Periodically, news headlines herald what seems like a breakthrough. But with no cure and not even a treatment that can significantly slow down the inevitable decline in mental function, you may doubt that any progress is really being made. Trial…
- 1. What Is Alzheimer’s Disease?
- 2. Normal Age-Related Memory Changes
- 3. Symptoms of Alzheimer’s Disease
- 4. Who Is at Risk for Alzheimer’s Disease?
- 5. Can You Reduce Your Risk for Dementia?
- 6. Diagnosis
- 7. Treatment
- 8. Caring for a Person with Alzheimer’s Disease
- 9. Handling Caregiver Stress
- 10. Practical Advice: Legal, Financial, Health Care
- 11. The Future of Alzheimer’s Research