© Svetlana Kolpakova | Dreamstime.com
- 2 C quinoa
- 3 ½ C water
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 C extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 C fresh lime juice
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 ½ t ground cumin
- 1 ½ t salt
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cans cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- Place quinoa, water, and pinch of salt in a medium pot. Bring to a boil, then cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Let quinoa cool by removing from pot and placing in a large container.
- Mix the olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, cumin and salt in a small bowl.
- Add green onions, jalapeno, bell pepper, and black beans to the cooled quinoa.
- Pour dressing over the mixture and toss to combine. Salt and pepper to taste.