- 1 high quality chocolate bar with the highest cocoa content you can find (approximately 3.5 ounces). For a lower sugar content, use unsweetened baking chocolate and add stevia or xylitol to suit your taste.
- 3 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- ¼ cups organic coconut milk at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon organic almond extract (vanilla works too!)
- Cocoa, shredded coconut, or finely chopped nuts for coatings
- Melt the chocolate either in a double boiler or in the microwave. Melt the coconut oil separately.
- Combine the chocolate and coconut.
- While the mixture is warm, mix in the coconut milk and almond extract.
- Freeze the mix for 2 to 4 hours, then let thaw for 5 minutes.
- Scoop out about a tablespoon of the mixture and form into a ball. You can use a melon baller, too.
- Pour your coating onto a plate and roll the ball until it is covered.
Adapted from Ancestral Chef.