Many people can lessen or even eliminate depression symptoms without taking prescription drugs. From serotonin supplements to lifestyle changes, natural serotonin boosters may be just what you need to feel better fast.
Many researchers believe that depression is primarily caused by an imbalance in serotonin levels. That’s why the most common pharmaceutical antidepressants are SSRIs, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors.
But a drug isn’t the only way to boost serotonin levels. In fact, there are several natural strategies that work just as well—even better—without causing the side effects like loss of libido and weight gain that SSRIs are known for.
New free report gives you 5 serotonin supplements and strategies
In the Natural Health Advisory Institute’s new free report, “How to Increase Serotonin Levels Naturally: The Top 5 Serotonin Supplements and Strategies,” you will learn 5 simple strategies to fight depression naturally.
- One supplement is what the brain uses to create serotonin. By taking it at precise times of day, you can support your brain’s ability to create exactly what it needs.
- More clinical trials have been conducted on the next herbal remedy for depression than almost any herb. Its results are impressive—it can work as well as a pharmaceutical, but without the weight gain and loss of sex drive.
- Find out what supplement Drs. Richard Brown, M.D., of Columbia University and George Papakostas, M.D., of Harvard Medical School both advocate for treating clinical depression.
Are You Serotonin Deficient?
To determine if serotonin deficiency is the cause of your depression, consider the following questions.
- Is your depression negative in nature? That is, are your thoughts frequently pessimistic, gloomy, distrustful, and cynical?
- Are you a woman? Women have depression more often than men and when they do, serotonin deficiencies are more often a factor.
- Do you crave sweets and starches?
- Do you have significant insomnia issues?
- Do you have feelings of low self-esteem?
- Do you often feel worried or apprehensive?
- Have you had any of the following disorders: fibromyalgia (unexplained muscle pain), TMJ (pain, tension, and grinding associated with your jaw), migraines, irritable bowel syndrome, obesity, or asthma? Each of these have low serotonin levels implicated as an associated cause, and studies have shown where raising serotonin levels improves the condition severity.
Do these symptoms sound like you? If so, it is likely your body has become depleted of adequate levels of this important neurotransmitter. The good news is that you can restore healthy levels naturally without having to resort to harsh pharmaceutical drugs.
Start increasing your serotonin naturally today
If you’re ready to escape the grip of depression, these 5 tips are an excellent place to start. Download the free report to find out how to use these strategies safely and see how much they can do for you.
Share your experience
Have you used natural remedies for depression? Tell us what you’ve tried and how in worked in the comments section below.