H. Pylori Natural Treatment Protocol

Follow this H. pylori natural treatment plan to get rid of this common stomach infection.

H. pylori natural treatment

H. pylori natural treatment may include probiotics, herbal supplements, and vitamin supplements.

© Viktoria Kabanova | Dreamstime.com

Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) can cause a wide range of problems, from chronic gastritis, peptic ulcer disease, iron deficiency anemia, and stomach cancer to diseases of the liver, cardiovascular system, skin, and many other body systems. If you suffer from this infection, an H. pylori natural treatment plan can be a safe solution. H. pylori infection is closely linked to coronary heart disease, rosacea, asthma, Parkinson’s disease, migraines, and fibromyalgia.[1]

Testing for H. pylori can be done through multiple avenues, including a blood test to check for the presence of H. pylori antibodies, a breath test, or a stool antigen test to check for H. pylori in stool samples. If you are at risk for ulcers or stomach cancer you’ll want to know how to utilize H. pylori natural treatment options.

H. Pylori Natural Treatment

Treatment for H. pylori can take both a conventional and natural path. H. pylori natural treatment cannot only help eradicate H. pylori infection, but also reduce inflammation of the stomach lining and even help prevent the risk of stomach cancer.

Probiotics are beneficial bacteria that help to maintain the health of the intestinal tract, aid in digestion, and help keep potentially harmful organisms in the gut, such as H. pylori, under control. Many studies have demonstrated that probiotics, including Saccharomyces boulardii and Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium species, are a useful H. pylori natural treatment.[4]

Although some studies have reported that probiotics alone are an effective H. pylori natural treatment, they may be more useful when used as a supplemental therapy along with either conventional or natural antimicrobial drugs or herbs. Most studies have looked at probiotics in conjunction with standard conventional drug treatment. Researchers recently analyzed the results of 21 studies involving thousands of participants, concluding that supplementing with probiotics along with standard therapy significantly improves the cure rates and reduces the risk of antibiotic-associated side effects.[5]

Whether you are treated with conventional medications or not, the addition of a probiotic supplement both during and after your H. pylori eradication treatment is recommended. The ideal dose depends on the type of probiotic used. Generally, at least 10 to 20 billion CFU’s per day is recommended, away from antibiotics and/or herbal antimicrobials.

N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) is a natural antioxidant and mucous-dissolving nutrient that destroys the biofilm of H. pylori. H. pylori’s biofilm is what helps it to survive in the stomach and resist antibiotic treatment. Like probiotics, NAC supplementation has been shown to help treat H. pylori infection and overcome antibiotic resistance.[6] A typical recommended dose is 600 mg three times daily between meals.

Herbal extracts and phytonutrients, many with antibacterial actions, are often used by natural practitioners to help eradicate H. pylori. Some researched herbal extracts shown to be effective against H. pylori include:[7]

• De-glycyrrhizinated licorice extract (DGL)
  • Ginger root extract
  • Garlic extract
  • Capsaicin (from red peppers)
  • Sulphoraphane (from Brassica family plants like broccoli sprouts)
  • Red ginseng extract
  • Epigallocatechin gallate (one of the green tea catechins)
  • Red wine extract and resveratrol
  • Quercetin (a flavonoid)

Vitamin C, vitamin E, and selenium supplementation will help lower your risk of dying from stomach or esophageal cancer after H. pylori infection has been treated. This combination of antioxidant nutrients was studied in a large placebo controlled trial involving thousands of people with H. pylori.[8]

Patients received vitamin C (250 mg), vitamin E (100 IU as alpha tocopherol), and selenium from yeast (37.5 μg) or placebo; taken twice daily for 7.5 years after their original H. pylori infections were treated with standard drugs (omeprazole and amoxicillin). The researchers then followed up with the patients after another seven years.

The long-term antioxidant supplementation was statistically significantly associated with reduced death from stomach and esophageal cancer.

A good quality, high-potency multivitamin and mineral supplement should provide vitamin C, vitamin E, and selenium in amounts close to those used in the study above, although you may need to supplement with extra vitamin C to reach the full daily dose of 500 mg.

Conventional H. pylori Treatment

The standard conventional treatment is referred to as “triple therapy.” It consists of a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) along with two antibiotics—clarithromycin and amoxicillin. Quadruple therapy with three antibiotics is also used. However, even quadruple therapy is no longer efficacious in many cases because of rampant antibiotic resistance.[3] The standard drugs used also cause many side effects, including bloating, diarrhea, and taste disturbances. The side effects often lead patients to fail to take the full course of antibiotics as prescribed, further reducing effectiveness.

H. Pylori Natural Treatment: What to Try First

If you’ve been diagnosed with H. pylori infection you have the option of trying Helicobacter pylori natural treatment in place of, or in conjunction with, standard drug treatment. Whether it’s best to use an all-natural approach or to use natural therapies alongside conventional ones will depend, in part, on how much damage has already occurred to the stomach lining.

If your H. pylori infection is mild and the damage is minimal, starting with an all-natural approach makes sense. While there are many different H. pylori natural treatment options, here’s a recommended protocol based on the natural remedies discussed above:

• Probiotic: such as Primadophilus Optima by Nature’s Way, containing 35 billion CFUs per capsule. Take 1 capsule twice daily for 1 month, then 1 capsule per day for 2 additional months.
  • N-acetylcysteine (NAC): 600 mg three times daily between meals for 3 months.
  • Deglycyrrizinated Licorice (DGL): such as DGL by Enzymatic Therapy. Chew 2 tablets (760mg) 20 minutes before each meal for 3 months.
  • Garlic extract: such as Kyolic Reserve Aged Garlic Extract. Take 1 tablet (600 mg) twice daily with meals for 3 months.

In addition to the supplements above, take a multivitamin and eat the following foods as often as possible:

• Fermented foods, such as yogurt, sauerkraut, and kimchi
  • High-phytonutrient foods, such as green tea, ginger, turmeric, and berries, and broccoli sprouts.

Share Your H. Pylori Treatment Experience

Have you treated an H. pylori infection with natural medicine? Please share your experience so others who are interested in natural health can learn from you. Just scroll down the page to leave a comment below.

For related reading, visit these posts:

This article was originally published in 2016 and is regularly updated.

[1] World J Gastroenterol. 2014 Sep 14;20(34):11950-61.

[2] Medscape. Drugs and Diseases. H. Pylori Infection. Last updated Dec. 27, 2015.

[3] BMJ. 2015; 351: h4052.

[4] World J Gastroenterol. 2015 Oct 7; 21(37): 10644–10653.

[5] Exp Ther Med. 2015 Mar;9(3):707-716.

[6] J Clin Gastroenterol Pharmacol Ther. 2011 Nov-Dec; 45(10): 841–843.

[7] Ann Transl Med. 2015 Jun; 3(9): 122.

[8] JNCI J Natl Cancer Inst (2012) 104 (6): 488-492.

Tags , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Comments
  • a cup of tea made from boiling a little of Senna alexandrina aka Cassia Angustifolia and Foeniculum vulgare aka Fenouil commun, and drink the mixture tea early morning before anything else. You can repeat the same after one week and always drink it before eating or drinking anything else. Also in addition to that chewing a little bit of ajwain and clove occasionally is good as a sterilizer to the upper part of the body.

• Thank you very much for this information, I will try it – natural approach alone. I will let you know how I get on.

• I take Mastic gum capsules every night. Also if my stomach feels a bit uneasy I take two teaspoons of pure slippery elm powder in warm water before bed. I eat organic as far as possible, avoid sugar, all refined or processed stuff and gluten and try to eat more vegetables than anything else. I find munching through a raw carrot first thing in the morning helps me “go” which is a great help. I have recently decided I had to give up coffee (even organic decaf.) and alcohol as they were the two triggers of pain in my case. I attend a herbalist who gives me a lovely mixture that keeps me calm, so I am not stressing so much.
    Before discovering Mastic gum I kept my HP under control using a frequency generator.
    I had one antibiotic treatment some years ago which cleared the problem for about 10 years, then it came back and I was reluctant to go for the heavier dose since the importance of the microbiome and its role in immunity is now becoming more clear, so I have tried all sorts of natural things. I think if I can make the time I will do a full detox, starting with enemas, then clear the kidneys with herbs and finally flush the liver until no stones come out. Its important to do it in the right order so that the elimination routes are clear before you release the toxic load from the liver. Bacteria and viruses lodge in the debris that builds up in the liver. By getting rid of this the liver functions better and there is less chance of reinfection. That’s the theory.
    Thanks for the tips in the article. I will add these to my arsenal.

• Has anyone really irradiated H pylori with these natural remedies or do they just keep symptoms minimal? I am looking to get rid of this Bacteria but I’m not sure where to begin.

• To Lizzy – and anyone else doing the detox route – I would definitely add in colonic hydrotherapy to the mix. You are exactly right in that you need to do your detox in the right order but don’t forget that it is through your colon that everything is eventually eliminated from the body so if your colon is in any way clogged then your detox will not be as effective as it could be and the toxins will just recirculate and cause more problems.
    A good colonic as you start the detox and regularly through the process to ensure full elimination will be of great benefit. Your Colon Hydrotherapist should be able to advise you on the frequency you require. Everyone is different so there is never a one size fits all in colonics. To find a good, trained and safe therapist visit the ARCH website (Association of Colonic Hydrotherapists) and that will give you the ones in your area. ARCH registered therapists are guaranteed to have been checked out and be safe.
    Also don’t forget if doing the Liver and Gall bladder flush to have at least an enema pre flush – colonic is better as clears more thoroughly – and definitely a colonic post flush (Andreas Moritz recommends this too in his book). If possible do include a coffee enema in your post flush colonic to ensure that all the oil is flushed through your gall bladder.
    Good digestive health to all.

• I have seen test resultd where Matula tea along with a good diet has completely removed the bacteria. The mastic gum is supposed to work as well.

• I have just been prescribed the three prong antibiotic therapy for the 3rd time and having a lot of stomach pain. Wondering if I’m foolish to think it will work this time! And I’ve never had a follow up test to see if the meds worked before, so I may have had H Pylori for years. i just wonder f what doctors think of the natural remedies recommended in this article.

• Dear Susan
    Doctors stick to the mainstream treatment and won’t know much about the latest research unless they are very diligent. It takes years for research results to reach GPs. I first had ulcers in the late 1980’s and read about Helico Bacter, in Readers Digest, I think. I was begging my doctor to test me but he laughed at me and said it was nonsense. He did test me eventually, just to get rid of me, and the consultant said “you have quite a colony there”.
    It’s easier to do your own research now with the internet, so I would say try everything you can before going through a 4th round of antibiotics. To ease the pain in the meantime take pure slippery elm – (you probably won’t find it in a health shop – they tend to stock brands with little slippery elm, mostly wheat and sugar – no good at all – check out Amazon). I was taking several doses a day at one point, and it doesn’t hurt – as long as you mix it with the recommended amount of water. I get an organic and kosher brand from America – costs a lot but is much better than any others I’ve tried, mixes easily in cold or hot water. I start with cold then top it up with hot.
    As far as cost goes I made a conscious decision that good food and whatever I need for my health would take priority over holidays or clothes. I get my clothes from charity shops and sunbathe in my back garden! I would suggest cutting out the main gut damaging allergens ie gluten, dairy and soy and try to track down any other sensitivities preferably with the help of a good nutritionist. I cut out sugar and all oils except organic cold pressed olive oil, coconut or avacado. Don’t get oils from the supermarket – they are probably old and are not even packed in dark bottles. Go as organic as you can afford to (Abel and Cole are good, and also Graig Farm). I cook very simply and everything from scratch to avoid additives.
    I went to a Medical Herbalist back in the 1990s and she prescribed a sub-lingual multi vitamin and mineral from G&G because she said my gut was in no shape to absorb from capsules or tablets. She also gave me pre and pro biotics. I wouldn’t be swayed by advertising into buys loads of different supplements. You really need a good practitioner to guide you. If you want to go it alone there is a good website called purehealthclinic.co.uk run by Michaela Rose which is good for getting tests done at cost and she will comment on the test results for a small fee but doesn’t take on patients as such.
    Mastic Gum is definitely worth a try. I get mine from seventhwaveuk.com because they are pure. I knew a man whose health had deteriorated drastically but he still got relief from mastic gum. Also if you are adventurous google Dr Clark zapper. That took away my pain in about three or four days.
    Finally check your vitamin D level. Its a cheap test. Make sure you get out in the sun when there is any – without sunscreen – or take a supplement – also cheap. According to Tom O’Bryan vitamin D is essential to every cell in the body and nearly everyone is deficient.
    My current herbalist says the key is to make the gut as healthy as possible so that it is not a hospitable environment for bad bugs.
    Good luck.

• Julia
    Thank you so much for that advice. I will look into it. I have ordered a 3-month colon cleansing program of herbs and psyllium so I’ll do that first and see how I get on.

• Wow.. Reading this is giving me life. I have tried the triple therapy, four times. Now this is my fifth. I’m so sad and confused. I wanna start on ginger and garlic juice for one month. This bacteria is about to ruin my life. God help us all.

• This is such a wonderful message board. I suspect I have H. Pylori and will be doing an Endoscopy in a week. I have been researching natural treatment options, as I do not want to go the antibiotic route at all! I have just started gently adding HCL with Pepsin at mealtime and have noticed great improvement with the indigestion, burning and epigastric pain. I will continue to follow this board to see the other suggestions. I have also changed my diet and switched to organic. As previously mentioned in another post, I have also decided that reprioritizing where I spend my money, eliminates the “I can’t afford natural.” Cheers to good health for us all!

• Tnx for all the good inputs.I’m trying to combat my H.Pylori too,just done w/ Triple therapy but my bloat & acid reflux still persist,so i guess i still have H.Pylori.Trying ur suggestions this time.Many tnks!!

• I just started my firts triple therapy for H bacteria I can use all help I can get

• Muszę się wam pochwalic w koncu zrzuciłam – 5
    kg. Przewaliłam chyba cały polski internet żeby znalezc cos na
    odchudzanie i znalazlam. Wygoglujcie sobie: xxally
    radzi jak szybko schudnąć

• There’s a famoso german phytoterapist calle Joakim Kaeser who Says that 8 to 10 gramms of spirulina + probiotics a day May cure h pylori.

• Hi all,
    I have had this nasty bug sing Aug 20 2016, when i was diagnosed i was given the triple therapy but it failed to work, so again in November had triple therapy again it failed to work. The triple therapy just made me more sick and down so have now decided to go down the natural route.
    I am current taking turmeric (1/2 teaspoon), with black pepper (pinch) and cold pressed coconut oil or virgin olive oil (1 table spoon) in luke warm water. I take this in the morning before breakfast and the same in the evening, it has really relieved my symptoms and thank God I do feel much better, it has only been a week but i will continue this for the next month. I have also order Mastic Gum (helps kill the HP) , DGL (Liquorice) & L Glutamine (helps with the healing of the stomach).
    Hope this helps someone I have found this information after searching various bloggs, everyone is different so it is advisable that you check with a specialist before taking any sort of natural medicine.

• I started the triple theraphy last monday but i already stopped. Cant handle the side effect ,especially the bitter taste on my mouth. I want to try mastic gum.

• I am dealing with pylori infection from last an year. I have taken antibiotics 4 times, but still no resolution. I am trying to find out natural medicine to treat this infection as I had to deal with lot of side effects from antibiotics. Has anyone tried natural medication resulted in complete eradication as I am still not sure if complete eradication is ever be possible?Let me know.

Thanks

• Hi there, glad to hear that others are still trying natural remedies. I gave in to antibiotics since some natural remedies did not work well enough. And I totally regret doing so. So as of today, I will commit to a bowel detox along with some suggestions others have mentioned.

• My naturopathic doctor prescribed: Mucosagen, pyloricil, and DGL for four months

• Also, i’m taking IV H2O2 and Vitamin C IV, and glutathione IV beside the supplements above

• Thanks for the info and comments. Just came back w a positive HP year and suspect I have had it for years. I don’t want to do the triple conventional method. So this gives me hope. I look forward to the day I have rid myself of numerous HP symptoms.

• I turned to articles such as this in part because the triple medication pack that I was prescribed cost hundreds of dollars … So I didn’t fill the prescription VI also strongly dislike the idea of putting more antibiotics in my body, as I see that approach as counterintuitive. Since I baked at helping support big pharma and have long preferred natural remedies anyway, I gathered a list of beneficial supplements, headed to town, and bought almost$60 with of supplements. That’s was two days ago, the day after I was diagnosed with h. pylori, and I already feel much better!!!

• I was told by my primary care doctor back in 2006 that the H. Pylori tests were inaccurate and she did not wish to perform them, but after 10 other unless tests including a gastric study and endoscopy I demanded to be tested and one test came back positive. I chose the triple antibiotic treatment and was much better within a month or so. I now think the infection is back and even worse and I was told the antibiotics can even cause throat and stomach cancer. I think my 2 kids have it as well this time. This time around I’m having a lot of acid reflux and even back spasms. The first time I had a lot of stomach cramps, bloating, & diarrhea. So we are all trying natural remedies this time. Organic Pineapple juice first thing in the morning has kept our symptoms at bay and garlic immediately stopped by back spasms. I now take 2 odorless garlic capsules a day 600mg by Solaray. I started the garlic almost 2 weeks ago. I haven’t decided whether to put my kids on the garlic yet or not, but I’ve also decided to sterilize all silverware and stay away from red meat, because I do believe red meat was the culprit. We have been getting mighty sick lately from eating hamburgers from various well known restaurants such as five guys & outback. I believe we even contracted worms from beef as well numerous times which swiss kriss laxatives and pineapple juice really helped eradicate.

• I just did a breath test for H-pylori and it came back positive. The reason I was even tested is because I’ve been dealing with horrible hives all over my body for the past 6 weeks. Has anyone else dealt with hives. Just wondering if this is even a symptom of H-pylori. My dermatologist is the one who tested me and said that this could be the reason for my hives.

• I have been dealing with h pylori since late 2015. I have had a very sour stomach feeling so my family doctor has put me on acid reflux medicine. Unfortunately it didn’t help and my blood and stool testing were negative for h pylori. I started feeling like a hard ball was stuck in my rib cage..but I was told it is probably just a muscle since I am very active but I couldn’t believe it. 6 month have past and after an endoscopy they diagnosed me with h pylori. My stomach was so swollen and infected that it was pushing against my ribs. I’ve got the treatment for 10 days which was harsh on my stomach but I think it hasn’t helped me completely. I couldn’t count on stool or breath tests since it was always negative even while I was infected with h pylori. So I started taking probiotics, NAC, DSL and something called bio clean to help my gut get healthy and clean. I dropped the DGL and NAC 3 months ago and replaced it with mastic gut 2 a day 500mg and 2 a day and teaspoon of manuka honey. I will take both for the next 3 weeks and take a break for a half year. I won’t ever stop with my probiotics and bio clean. It definitely helped me to improve my immune system and the bio clean helped me a lot with my bloating. For right now I feel great and hope that I have kicked h pyloris butt…but I will always stay aware of any symptoms since I don’t want to go thru this nightmare again..I wish you all the best and hope this post is helping some of you fighters..

• I started taking “Restore3” 4 months ago. How long should I take this before I start a prevention plan. I felt completely healed from my fibromyalgia the second week but stayed on it for the three months that are recommended for H Pylori.
    “Restore3” ingredients are; Protease Blend: Bacterial the Protease, Protease S, Serrapeptase 200,000 HUT. Glucoamylase 100 AGU. Amylase 5000 DU. Probiotic blend: Bacillus Coagulans, Bacillus Subtillis (DE 111) 2 Billion CFU. Cellulase 1,600 CU. Hemicellulase 2000 HCU. Lipase 200 FIP. Magnesium palate 46 mg.
    Dosage; 2 capsules on an empty stomach per day.
    Should I stay on this for the rest of my life to prevent H Pylori coming back?

• This is so frustrating! Was in Costa Rica for a week. Came back 4/1/17 and within a week got bruises on arms and legs and was tired. Got a lab test to see why I was bruising and I had Low platelet count of 8,000. They admitted me with a diagnosis of new onset thrombocytpenia. Gave me platelets, IVIG, etc but did not think to test me for H pylori. Once home, I did reading and learned that hpylori can cause thrombocytopenia. My blood test did come back positive for Hpylori but my breath test was a false negative I believe due to PPI meds. I completed a 14 day Flagyl, amoxicillin and clarithromiacin and PPI about 10 days ago. My stool is pretty much thick and muddy not formed. Currently, my platelets are not dropping as fast as they did prior to the antibiotics but they are still going down so I am worried that the hpylori was not totally eradicated. I am trying to eat to get rid of it, cranberries, lean proteins, berries, apples, brussels, green tea, probiotics, manuka honey, tumeric, mastic gum, NAC, garlic, onions, peptobismol. I did a stool test today and it might come back false negative due to pepto but if it is positive i’ll do another round of different antibiotics. It is such a difficult thing to figure it all out! I am working so hard to eradicate the h pylori so I can get rid of this thrombocytopenia hopefully caused by the hpylori. Do you all see infectious disease doctors and/or gastroenterologists for the hpylori? Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated!
    Thanks and be well, Cindy

• I do think that these endoscopies do complicate things. It was not til I did my first endoscopy that my throat started to hurt, like a sore throat. I have been taking DGL, ginger capsule and / or dried, Dandelion capsule, as prescribed on bottles, Dr. Prescribed Probiotics 50 Billion, but will try Primidophilus Optima, Lily of the Dessert Stomach Formula, multivitamin and HemaPlex capsules for iron. This is my third endoscopy and they said it was not as much but H Pylori was present and inflammation. I have hard time swallowing, so I use powdered or capsule supplement that I can open and add to water or grape juice and swallow. I will try the natural regiment that was posted, plus L Glutamine from Repairvite which has been good to repair my gut and matula tea which has gotten lots reviews , multivitamin with extra liquid calcium and Vit D and sunshine, mastic gum, black seed oil, olive leaf extract. Nature’s Sunshine Paw Paw Extract, seems to work well to strengthen the immune system to destroy cancer. It is better to buy fresh from company than Amazon, though Amazon is great to read reviews . I will look into Bio Clean and IV H202 vit C and Glutathione. And Restore 3. Will probably add cranberry juice or capsule and cabbage juiced 3x a day to heal stomach and possible ulcer. Will also drink Aloe juice. Eat a plant based diet of non sweet fruits fruits one meal then Amy after 3 or six month also to deal with Candida, nuts – alkaline almonds -brazil- some cashews for dressings , seeds – sunflower, tahini and sesame seeds, chia, hemp, flax, pumpkin, ,, whole grain flute free- rice – Millet cooked with pineapple juice- coconut milk – stevia- vanilla, water , quinoa, amaranth, buckwheat, Gluten Free Oats cooked or raw soaked over night and blended with nuts stevia vanilla – frozen berries, nut milks, beans, raw veggies and cooked in other meal not mixed wit fruit ad no more 3-4 combinations whether fruits or veggies. Lemon juice squeezed into warm water daily with breaks, lemon juice fresh in one tablespoon 15 min before each meal for acid to digest food- has worked great with stress related illness.. Simple is better and less expensive. also will do lifestyle practices like: Exercise on trampoline or rebounder 6x week with Saturday off, walking or mowing lawn for 45 min or more, gardening with sunshine on as much skin 3-5 hours, water according to weight divided by 2 equals ounces per day then divide by 8 ounces gives me minimum cups to drink but more better. I may add that plus half that amount.example 140/ 2= 70 / 8= 8.75 + 4= 12 cups. I will stay away from processed and toxic things foods, no coffee or chocolate or sugars, but will do colon, liver and gall bladder cleanse either go to our Home Lifestyle Center or Belle Vita or d at home but better under supervision, lots of rest especially get to bed by 8:30 or 9 pm so my body can go into repair mode between hours of 9pm – 12am though new info says 8pm- 3 am is actual. Then put my trust fully in God that as I put His true doctors of nutrition, exercise, water, abstinence from harmful things, sunshine, lots of deep breathing in fresh air while doing outdoor activities or driving, proper rest and trust in Him, it will restore my body and the assistants that are the herbs will support the true doctors to bring back restoration and preservation of health to my body.

• One faithful day on the internet I saw some post’s about perfecthealthherbalmedicinehome,so many people was talking about their herbal medicine that they cures different kinds of deadly diseases,so i decided to give it a try ,i contacted them via their email,(perfecthealthherbalmedicine gmail’com) website;(www’perfecthealthherbal’weebly’com),so they replied me,and told me that they will cure me within 5-6 weeks ,then i purchased the herbal medicine and they sent the herbal medicine to me via courier service,which i received within 2days.so after 5 weeks of usage all my symptoms disappeared totally ,then i went for medical check-up and doctor confirmed i am totally cured and parkinson’s diseases free.so please viewers my testimony is a true life story,all thanks to perfecthealthherbalmedicinehome…

Best Regards
    Foster Kelis

• I was looking up the Nature’s Way Primadophilus Optima Probiotic and was surprised to see that it contains milk. A lot of people with these stomach conditions can’t tolerate the milk unless the lactose is removed.

• Hi thank you for the article, I was curious using the NAC treatment with the garlic etc. how quickly on average would you expect to see/ feel results? Also I am adding Mastic Gum hopefullly as another killer to work with the biofilm suppressor. Have you experimented with that? Thanks again!

• “British Journal of General Practice” notes that aloe vera decreases irritation and enhances healing and repair of ulcers in the stomach and intestines. Aloe vera juice also helps to decrease inflammation in irritable bowel syndrome, colitis and other inflammatory disorders of the gut. Additionally, aloe vera can increase healthy bacteria in the intestines that aid digestion.”

• You can order a bottle of Pylori-Plex from amazon.com. It contains: mastic gum 1000mg licorice root(dgl) marshmallow root and slippery elm bark. It’s made by Douglas Laboritories.

• Great article. However, everywhere I go everyone talks about the benefits of green tea. I agree, but unbeknownst to many, white tea is far superior to green tea and more studies need to be done on it. White tea comes from the same tea tree as green tea but is far less processed and has 3 times the antioxidants.

• Given that the Hpylori release urease to lower acid in stomach to make it a hospitable enviro for them to survive.I ahve looked into herbs and foods that decrease urease in stomach. These that were found to be effective were cranberry make sure its undiluted and no sugar added.along with oregano( i believe the oil is best) broccoli sprouts 250 mg 2x a day or equivlent in food. Taking HCLbefore a meal as well.Ialso read in a study that cloves were very effective against the organism.It seems that you need a multipronged attack in eradicating this little bug.

• Thanks for all the feedback. After two rounds of antibiotics since 2016 and still having heavy pain I will be diligent with the natural remedies suggested here.

• I was diagnosed with H.pylori last month, I took HP-PAC 2 antibiotics and one acid reflux. after 7 days I had swelling in my right elbow and infection was spreading so doctor gave me 7 days of 500MG 4 capsules per day of kflx antibiotics. double course of antibiotics left me energy less and so tired as all my blood is drawn out. This is 4th week of completing H-pylori treatment and I felt so much acidity for 2 days that I had to take prazole acid reflux. After reading blogs I realized that it is not an easy bug to get rid off. I am going to see my doctor today and ask for re-test. Also I am going to start all the natural remedies. A combination of everything is needed to kill this bug or at least drop its colony to a level where it cannot do damage to stomach.

• I am struggling with H.pylori from last one year. tested positive in July 2017 and completed tripple therapy 3 times but no improvement. tried mastic gum for one month but no improvement. sometime getting blood in stool. severe chronic gastric and intestinal metaplasia was detected in endoscopy 4 months back but doctor said that nothing is serious. please any suggestion can save my life. i am feeling like i am going to die the way my heath went down. lost 11 kg weight

• please can someone suggest me any way forward. looking for some advice to save my life as health is going down day by day. h. pylori is going to kill me. help please.

• In 2011 I was tested positive for H.Pylori. The Doctor prescribed antibiotics. But I started searching natural way to treat this.After a long time I was able to get a negative report with the following natural treatment. Ii started taking first thing in the morning Kefir made with the help of Kefir grains. I also started taking coconut oil and no sugar or sugar products. Green leaves including wheatgrass juice. Barefoot walking and fast running for an hour. No junk food or fried food. Indian type bread made from sprouted wheat both times. It took about three years to get a negative report. But now I have gas problem and with that I have blood pressure ranging from. 150 to 180. But after exercise and yoga the gas releases and it comes to near normal. I am 80 and take part in World Masters Athletic Championships in different countries. I won a gold in 2013 World senior games in Utah. I feel that the bacteria might have done some damage to my gut and am unable to treat this condition.

• To the commenter who had hives, I too have concluded after 4.5months of hives (all over) after an ADR to Clarithromycin on 27th March 2018. I reacted to ONE pill, was bedridden for 3 weeks and unable to work for any length of time since.
    I have hereditary Coeliac Disease, and Hashimoto’s and the doctor’s favourite phrase: IBS and we all know what that stands for.
    I have concluded that I have H.Pylori and my husband tested positive for it some years ago. The doctors would not test me as they said it is not infectious (so how do you get it???????)
    I am using a combination of the approaches discussed above and am hopeful that for the first time in 10 years (since I met my DH) of regaining my health. He is doing it too and the dog, a modified version.
    Good luck to all those that seek answers; and thank you for this article.

• Turmeric keeps H.pylori from attaching to the stomach lining. The herb Moringa will kill the bacteria.

• I was just diagnosed after almost 2 years. I knew something was wrong and I kept changing my diet and seeing my doctor, but they could find nothing viral or bacterial. I sought out an Indermal Medicine doctor and finally got a colonoscopy and endoscopy. They found H-pylori, ulcers, hiatal hernia and my throat is damaged from laryngopharyngeal reflux (LPR) I eat healthy (pescatarian and organic and now vegan) and yet my entire upper digestive tract is a mess. The doctor put me on the Triple Therapy. Like one of the prevous comments I feel worse than I did before taking them and it has only been 4 days. I called my doctor this morning and said I am not taking the antibiotics anymore. I knew better in the first place….I just didn’t know what to do so to the internet I went and found this page on the journey.
    after much research over the past week, I have gathered a supply of orgainic herbal treatments;many of which have been suggested here. So, I thank everyone who has offered their experiences and information. I have found many videos on Youtube that are amazing. I hope to come back in a month and have a happy ending and healthy result.

• I do have a question for anyone who has recovered from H-Pylori using the natural approach. Approximately how long does it take for the herbs, probiotics and other supplements to work? Or how long should I treat myself before being retested? Thank you

• just start taking them, It was my experience that they helped a little right away. Depending on how bad it is you may need antibiotics from the doctor. Get an endoscopy, take the meds then maintain with probiotics etc from there.

• I have been diagnosed with H.pylori since 2013. It reocurred this year. I was diagnosed to be clarithromycin resistant. I am also lokohing for natural remedies for H. Pylori.

• I think lifestyle changes is all we need. It’s not about how long it will take before we see results but how long we are able to maintain healthy diet and healthy lifestyle. I have taken the H pylori kit 3 times and am still testing positive. I decided to try changing my eating habits and use probiotics on daily basis and within 3 weeks the symptoms had completely vanished. I have decided to maintain this lifestyle forever. As long as we can make our bodies alkaline then H pylori bacteria will not be able to thrive in an alkaline environment. The overall idea is to make the body alkaline. Eat plenty of Green leafy vegetables (steamed), drink carrot juice on an empty stomach, eat plain or natural yoghurt frequently, avoid acidic and processed foods. I also take glutathione and multivitamins to keep health. If you really want to forget about H pylori adjust your lifestyle for good and don’t keep thinking about the bacteria otherwise you will be depressed. God is our healer and there is no disease or sickness that is greater than Him, we shall all be well and Pylori will be defeated. Let’s keep healthy lifestyle, steam or boil our food and avoid fried foods, Red meat etc.

• When I first got my result of ‘borderline positive’ for the bug, i did not find this page and that was back in 2015. Doctor immediately prescribed me the 7 day course antibiotics but i was not able to start the treatment right away cos of family situation, which then gave me time to research on the bacteria which really made me have a second thought about the drugs i was about to take after reading all the side effects others had. So i went back to work and asked around, quite a few people had been diagnosed in the past and they had taken the antibiotics, non of them had gone back to re-check after the course and almost all still had stomach issues. One of them had to go through 3 rounds of stronger and stronger drugs and it was painful to see her struggle through.
    So at that time i considered myself not having much symptoms at all but alot of them came after the diagnosed probably was in fact from stress and anxiety about the bug, so i started to have excessive bloating or burping , fatigue, loss of appetite, and just overall unwell. I did not really have much pain or heartburn. So I started taking Manuka honey UMF10+ day and night, started eating garlic if i have them in my dishes, probiotics, mastic chewing gums, and after about a year I felt abit more relaxed and conditioned seemed to have improved abit but always new symptoms come and go. In 2017 I bought broccoli sprout powder and started eating a teaspoon with rice every night, and manuka honey was taken less than before because I was lazy. I also started oil pulling with coconut oil in 2017 to heal ease my teeth problem which some people claim would also help stomach issue. By now, I rarely have discomfort in my stomach, except appetite change periodically which I think relates to my menstrual cycle. So i am not sure which of the things i did helped. But thought I’d post here for others in the same boat and hopefully you will feel great again soon.

• No one has mentioned nausea in relation to h.pylori. Anyone had it? Any way to address it?
    By the way, they know have proven that the bacteria dies as it is excreted, which is why the most a stool sample can tell you is that you have had h.pylori. And you have to wait 4-6 weeks after the triple therapy is complete to get an accurate blood (which will have antibodies if you still have it), or breathe test).
    I think the reason that there is so much resistant strains isn’t that the Triple treatment doesn’t work, but that it is really tough to do it complete adherence (and keep it down, in my case). My doctor told me to use pepto bismal (which is known to kill it), but prescribed it while taking doxycycline, which is known to reduce the effectiveness of the latter by 20%. I didn’t want to take the PPI because prior use (more than OTC dose) really hurt my kidney function.

• The comment from Rick R. seems interesting, simple and worth a try. I was heading to the gastroentologists this week for chronic hives (which are almost gone) and arthritis in my hands. But I seem to be turning a corner, so I am going to cancel that appt. I Had Sibo, and gastritis several 7 years ago. The antibiotic treatment and short course of protein pump inhibitors helped completely for that. But 7 years later i developed chronic hives after a vacation and arthritus in my hands, and was burping too much. I know its my gut. I seem to be turning a corner with natural stuff. Multivitamin, ginger slices in hot water, and 1 strain of probiotic. Keeping a food diary helped me realize I had an severe allergic response to only fresh citrus. Which is ironic cause I was eating tons fresh citrus instead of orange juice or cookies, cause it was the healthier option. Turns out oj and cookies are not as bad as fresh cirtus for me. It is tough being sick because that in itself stresses you out and the more stressed you are, the more your gut can’t do its job. Doctors are going to treat you with pharmaceuticals, which sometimes work and sometimes create more problems. There are so many viruses, bacteria, vector illnesses out there. I know this was about h-pylori. But, here is my advice for gut problems. Bot times I had stomach problems I kept a food and vitamin journal. They help one to see patterns and might be usefull. We are looking for solutions and forums like this help.

• Wow wow wow! So much information, a lot of people running around and around and around trying to figure this out, even wearing themselves out seemingly with all the busyness of trying to heal this.

Any of my faith-based friends who know there’s a spiritual enemy, research “resting in Him.” The enemy seeks to take you out of rest so that he can attack your health & finances. Meditation is known to heal gastrointestinal disorders, and that time of resting in Him brings healing, grace & profits to all things.

I can personally attest that organic, raw crushed garlic kills antibiotic resistant Pylori.

After an emergency appendectomy surgery and 11 days of three very strong antibiotics that don’t kill Pylori, I had the worst ulcer pain ever in 15 years from anti-biotic resistant Pylori. Researched and took the garlic as above, and two treatments cured the pain. Now I use that anytime there is pain and anytime I have slipped up with any kind of sweets, because sugar enables the bacteria to grow fast & causes inflammation.

Sugar is the biggest enemy. Stay away from that, 100%. The keto diet and raw foods including raw milk from a safe dairy farm (includes probiotics) and BarleyMax healed me from the anti-biotic onslaught which threatened arthritis and more. Stopped it cold.

Garlic as above (not just any garlic) worked better than mastic gum, too!!
    (Raw, organic, fresh, crushed 10 minutes to release allicin before taking).

I believe the raw garlic as above is better than any antibiotics. Just be sure to take it separately from probiotics as you would with any anti-biotic.

Now on to try the suggestions by this article as well as serrapeotase and amalase for dissolving microbione and then hitting it with garlic and probiotics while on a cabbage juicing fast.

• I have had excessive bloating and felt as if something was under my right rib cage for over two years. Went to a gastrointestinal doctor who said I was only constipated and needed a colonoscopy. He then wrote me a huge prescription for Miralax. After drinking lots of water and taking a probiotic to regulate bowel movements I returned to the doctor to let him know my symptoms remained. He did an x-ray of my abdomen area and continued to press me to get a colonoscopy. At this time I decided to try a different gastrointestinal doctor. Went to see the new doctor, same thing wanted a colonoscopy. I gave in and did the colonoscopy – no problems there and will not need another one for 10 years. I kinda gave up on doctors at this point and changed my diet to fresh fruit and vegetables – no bread, dairy or sugar. Lost about 10 lbs (which I did not need to lose) but no help for the bloating. I had not symptoms of acid reflux or nausea. Went back to doctor and said we have to find out whats wrong – I know my body and somethings no right. He then did a CT scan, blood work, and thyroid test, everything was good. I pressed him to do more testing and finally got an endoscopy and test for H. Pylori. I have been on the triple antibiotic treatment for 8 days now. It is very hard the first 3-4 days, I feel a little better each day. Along with the medication I have been taking a probiotic 2 hours after the antiobotics twice a day. I have cut out all sugar, dairy and wheat, eating only lean meats (chicken & salmon), lightly cooked vegetables and lots of spring water, broccoli sprouts and tsp of manuka honey each day and greek yogurt to lessen antibiotic side effects. I have to wait two weeks after the triple antibiotic treatment to be retested. I will continue with this diet and increase my probiotics during the two weeks. I will come back let leave the results when I am retested.

• This is my first visit to UHN Daily. I found it after a fair amount of internet searching following a month of nausea and strange smell/taste experiences. Thank you for providing such a balanced, practical and easily digested article. I’m awaiting the results of a urea breath test for h. pylori and this article has made me feel much better prepared if this turns out to be the culprit.

• Manuka Honey – waste of money,works only invitro
    Drink as much as you can cranberry juice,,unsweetened,,with oregano oil first thing in the morning(250 ml)+10 drops of oregano oil,+NAC,wait 10-15 min then drink 3-4 glasses (250 ml) of water and induce vomiting, do it 3× day
    This is the oldest technique to get rid of the bacteria and fastest route of elimination toxins and bugs from your stomach.
    It’s only 20 inches from your stomach to your mouth.Rinse your mouth with coconut oil afterwards.

• I took aloe, silver and helicobactrin and it totally cleared it up. What my natural dr gave me

• N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) is not mentioned in the study of footnote 6.

• Hi Zylstra, thank you for your comment. The footnote has been edited.

• It’s humbling to read the experiences of ppl suffering w/H Pylori. Just gotten the diagnosis, and thanks to all of you for your sincerity and your articulation of this condition. Am on the way to the Natural food store to get some of the supplements. Am into the 2-wk antibiotic course already, so perhaps a second round won’t be on the agenda. Good luck and good health to all; meditate, practice yoga if you can, eat as well as you can. And as one person noted, buy the best you can and shop the thrift stores and take some walks instead of exp. vacations!

• Did anyone here Got any positive results after eating garlic, or brocoli sproud?, And if have you tested your stomach to confirm if the bacteria population has reduced.

• Has anyone tried Allicidin capsules along with probiotics + green tea + manuka honey? If so, let me know the results. Each allicidin capsule contains the main ingredient in Garlic.

• Regular dose of this combination cured me in about 1-2 months.

1) Broccoli sprouts
    12) L Glutamine
    13) Cabbage juice
    14) Vitamin B12
    15) Ginger
    16) Reservatrol
    17) Probiotics

• Addendum to previous post: the herbal treatment succeeded when conventional triple-therapy antibiotics with PPI failed.

• I must recommend a Dr David Michael at the Wellness Center in Tel Aviv. He injected 1 plastic tube of Ozone, Helium (to keep local), Nitric Oxide to dilate, and C02 to alkalanize (just repeating what he said) through an IV into a lymph below my belly button ( I recorded a video but he asked me not to post, cause he’s 70 something and says life as a neurosurgeon with 20,000 operations gave him some tools, but only he knows how to administer it, and somebody tried to copy this technique and self administered , dying of an embolism! …?) anyway, he said, “There is a SHTORM (Russian accent for storm) of healing in your stomach now. More than a Tsunami… ” the take away was after chronic pain and bloating and very little ability to eat, I had a 5 day reprieve of about 95% of bloating , burping etc. Went back for a 2nd treatment ($1000 Usd about) and it has continued to be good besides some burping which hasn’t stopped. Now going for a rife treatment. Still doing mastic,metula, etc. And have the antibiotics on standby. Dr Michaely also says he can make a vaccine from the blood but its 3g a pop and he says is about 60percent chance of being effective but will develop a resistant defense for the body against the Pylori.
    Good luck. oh, too the person above. Yes MMS for about two weeks HOURLY! may have done some good, but nothing like the shots of gas in Israel.

• @ FMG February 16, 2019
    Hi, when to take the raw crushed Garlic and for how long?

• After a round of antibiotics that made it worsen I researched and found a regimen that worked. Twice a day, drink one cup of raw apple juice or water that includes 2 tblsp ACV, 3 drops only oil of oregano. Plug your nose and gulp it down. Enzymes before meals, DGL capsules and Mastic gum after meals. Do this for 2 weeks and it should be gone.

• Has anyone followed the 4 step protocol mentioned in the article to eradicate the h. Pylori, with good results??

• There is cure in Urbana Illinois University
    Dr.Cheng went with animal trials in November 2017,100% curable,no side effect
    He created in laboratory shape shifting protein polymer that kills only h.pylori,no side effect
    He stopped research in December 2018 after the meeting with investors
    They told him is not worthy because only 10-15% patients still have it after antibiotic regimen,so he closed the research
    I spoke to him in March 2019 and he said that we need around 2 .millions $ to push this product through human trials and we can have it on the market within months
    God help us all,
    It’s always about the f…..ing money